rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~a small harvest & home hair~

although i have a vast amount of fruit on my blueberry bush my daily harvest is small~but so much nicer to walk the few steps though my garden to pick and enjoy my small harvest.
the ones that still have a little green on them i harvest before the birds take them and they sit overnight in their enamel dish until the following day


IMG00138-20100713-1705.jpg

the ripe ones here are now no more!

~*~*~*~

its been a cloudy day with plenty of rain today but the heat is still with us.
last night was another night with little sleep as there was no cool air coming into the open windows and when i did fall asleep i woke only an hour later with a stiff neck and headache as i had been laying with my neck in a funny position~it made me feel all tense so at about 1am i was laying in bed sipping a Valerian tea.
it was the perfect antidote and i slept well until 7am. but the headache has not gone although i am managing to keep it at bay.

*~*~*~

taking inspiration from frugal queen i gave myself a haircut last night!

i have always hated taking myself to any hairdressers~sitting there with no where else to look apart from the mirror~at myself.
and why do they always have to torture us with the final bouffant look?

i know many people enjoy this and see it as pampering~to me it is sheer torture.
so, after reading frugal queens post i spent a while browsing online~the 'how to' sections naturally.
then armed with my sharp scissors i use for my knitting, put my hair into a high pony-tail, brought it forward over my face and cut a straight line across the bottom.

voila!

hair trimmed with layers how easy was that?

my hair is still insisting on being fluffy and i took a photo with my blackberry to post but it came out as fuzzy as my hair so i shall leave it for today (plus i cannot find the camera!)

i now need to get some color~the older i get my ginger hair has faded an awful lot and this summer being as hot and sunny as it has been has been bleached out quite a lot.
i have found naturtint and fancy arizona copper or fireland~what do you all think?

8 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I have not been to a beauty parlor in over twenty years. I do it all myself...cut and color. I always used to come out in tears. At least now, if I have tears, it's because I brought it on myself...but seriously, I do better than they do it. With time gets easier.
Mary

Laura said...

hmm i like the arizona copper myself. sorry you are dealing with another headache...i've had to medicate like crazy the past couple days...take care of yourself!
blessings
~*~

dubgirl said...

I like fireland, my friend has used naturtint several times and thinks it good, there is also herbatint as well, which is also worth checking out x

John said...

Hello

I've just come across your lovely blog. Written by a being with a compassionate heart. I looked at your other blog too, the one devoted to M.E! I've had this condition now, for 3 years, and fit my life around it, as all us fellow M.E's do. The video clip, explaining the condition is a WOW. Thank you so much for your insights. love John

Kath said...

Ooh yes, I also like the Copper blond, which looks like a strawberry blond. I have my naturally curly hair cut at the local college, the graduates have had 2 years training and do a much better job that I would dare, with my springy locks :D

laoi gaul~williams /I\ said...

hello and welcome john :)
i have marked some time today to read your blog properly~i skimmed it when i first found it and loved the words you have written :)

~thanks for your hair color input lovlies :) i think i might go for the arizona copper, i think the red might be a shade too dark for this pale face (although have to say have a slight tan this summer despite my factor 25 aloe vera!))

laoi gaul~williams /I\ said...

oh john i have added you to my blogging roundhouse~words such as yours need to be spread :)
xoxoxo

Kadeeae said...

Ahhh, hair! :-/

I have been growing mine out from a very short haircut and on top of that stopped colouring it. It is what my mother called 'salt and pepper' with more of the salt colour than pepper, lol. Now deciding whether to stay natural or go back to colouring. My mind changes daily.

Also cannot stand going to the hairdressers, 'tis not pampering for me either.

Hoping that you're feeling better . . . shall continue catching up on the posts and find out!

All the best~

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France