rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

later wednesday 18th...diabetes

its been playing on my mind so thought I would post it
I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes this year and have been undiagnosed for at least two years,it was a major shock I can tell you, biggest shock was discovering that it will never go away, I will forever have to closely monitor and control my food and drink, test my blood sugar levels weekly and have six monthly MOT's.Also its bouncing off my M.E so at times I feel much worse than I would do. Its very much a catch-22 situation.
I was told that the change in diet was to the kind of diet that everyone should be on, but are not due to the profusion of fast food/highly processed pre-packages food etc available. Luckily for me that was not an big part of my diet in the first place...I love organic, fresh veggies and vegetarian food and not a huge chocolate fan. My maximum chocolate in-take as a treat is one or two squares of Green and Blacks organic a week so I'm okay there.Kettle chips are a whole other ball game...
Its not so much the 'diet' in general that is difficult; its all the hidden stuff...mass produced bread is a no-no...so Swampy makes nice organic loaves, butter is out and organic soya spread is in (I gave up spreads because of all the chemicals in them...now Im back on them...I cant win!!!) Biscuits out-oatcakes in. Not too many potatoes,cheese is not good...the list sometimes seem to go on. But it hasn't really been to hard. As I said the most difficult bit is knowing its for life. but I have also lost an awful lot of weight and feel like I am taking up much less space on this planet! Maybe its making me tread more lightly on our world!
I am waiting now for my first six month MOT where more blood will be taken and I will find out whether I can continue to try to control it through diet alone. I shall have to wait and see.

No comments:

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France