rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment~Ansel Adams

merry meet & bright blessings )o(
i thank those who have offered their thoughts on my dilemma regarding my degree~my heart is telling me to go with my first and biggest love, that being history~especially as it could one day open up the field of archaeology to me, which is something i have wanted to do since i was very young~the extreme shyness of youth stopped me taking a place at Winchester university to do this, many years ago.
If i cannot change this years course i know i can move forward next year, so i am feeling quite peaceful about it now and look forward to my start date~whatever course it is.

i have spent some time today putting together some of the music i love to share with you~inspired by my visit to Foxgloves in the Breeze, thank you!
The Lighthouse's Tale is by far the saddest song i have ever heard, but is so beautiful.

i find i am feeling somewhat more settled today, with the waning moon i find some of my edginess~that's not the right word but for now i cannot think of a better one~ is also on the wane and the thought of nearly two weeks living in Pippin is settling me.
camping somewhat dampens my urge to give up living in a square box and have freedom to wander.i love living out of a bag and on extended camping trips i find that the lack of a bathroom and washing machine does not worry me, i have found that my old enamel bowl washes both me and clothes adequately and i can set up a decent washing line with garden string if i open up the back hatch! even when its raining i love it,listening to my wind up radio, usually tuned to either radio 2 or 4 or just listening to the rain.
its perfect.

3 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

I was told the other day to throw my 'life oars' away and see where the river of life takes me.... look at your degree choices like that xo
I always feel more settled as the moon wanes until the dark of the moon, when I start to get a little panicky for some reason, although coming into my croning, I am accepting the dark of the moon alot more.
I cannot wait to hear about your trip and Pippin! what fun, it reminds me of the Famous Five adventures xo

AC said...

Your trip sounds just perfect:-)
Love the music!!!!! I have just brought Kitty Jay and can not wait to listen to it. Music is a huge part of who I am.
Take care,
Alison x

laoi gaul~williams said...

Hi Alison~oh kitty jay is fantasic! but then maybe i am a bit biased~ive seen seth live twice since december and next month see him live two nights in a row~swampy is having to drive me from southampton to exeter for the two concerts!
to me the actual song kitty jay is the best one live~so much energy
xxx

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France