rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy
merry meet all.


i have spent today recovering, unfortunately my m.e is just giving me a small reminder that it is still here and to have too much fun at my peril! my flu efectively masked the m.e for a week...now the flu has all but gone my m.e steps back in...my life does feel so catch 22!

i have had to pull my socks up and get back into my studies...a struggle but i stuck with it today and tomorrow i fully expect to finish the main reading of this module and can dedicate plenty to my next assaignment.

Leanne, thank you so much for your kind comment on Johney, it really brought a tear to my eye.
i have not seen this picture for many years, my nan had given me the original and i had it displayed in my bedroom but when my dad left, so did the picture.

all i remembered was a figure in uniform.

now, to have the picture here, visible every time i walk into the room, i am reminded that i am part of him and his family, he is no longer some distant relative with no significance to me.
to have found out what i have from a small piece of information, requested and then forgot, has given me some of my ancestors and given me the chance to find out more and travel further back in time.
its helping me to fill in gaps. i used to look at the picture many years ago and wonder who he was...of course i knew he was my great grandad and he died in the war...
but i had other questions...where did he come from? what did he sound like? did he have brothers and sisters? who were his parents?
well now i can answer some of these questions, of course he would have a welsh accent, and that makes make me smile, it brings him more alive; he had nine other brothers and sisters; catherine and patrick joseph died as babies; thomas robert, was a miner by the age of 17; his father james was irish who was a stoker in gas works in swansea in 1901...

now i have new questions, what was he doing before the war? did he follow his brother down the mines? how did he end up in portsmouth where he enlisted? these are thngs i will hopefully be able to find answers too given time.

of course i have questions that will never be answered, he would have been 25 when the photo was taken, i wonder what he was thinking as the picture was taken? what were his feelings living in the trenches? was he scared? was he alone when he died?

those are the ones that will remain unanswered and that makes me sad, but of course as you know he was with me this samhain and although his strong presence has withdrawn for now, i can still feel part of him with me.

1 comment:

Miss Robyn said...

Lee, I feel exactly the same way about Laura, my great grandmother and also Elizabeth Curnow.. her mother.... were they witches? what did they do, what did they talk about, did they garden?
I know all the family history from my research but the little things, I would love to know.. maybe oneday, when I visit Cornwall, I will have more of an idea.
It is so good that you feel him with you, I have a photo of Laura with me near my computer... and sometimes, I look at her and feel her beside me..you are like me, in that we both have a very strong connection to our celtic roots.. and we both seem to search for more xoxo

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France