rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

technological frustrations

Dia dhuit
my lap top was returned last week and deemed as faulty, so i am just waiting for my bank account to take the money back to get another...as swampys pc is in a fairly terminal state after a huge virus i have not been about very much, except for essentials...like checking my back account!
however i thought i would drop you all a quick post...i have not abandoned my blog, just suffering the technological heebeejeebee's. fingers crossed i will be back next week...i hope so as i have an essay to be in on the 25th!
it seems like days since i have seen the sun...here in our valley we have had rain, more rain then a little bit more rain. as i speak the rain is pouring down the windows and the wind is blowing a gale, sending my small yew at the front gate into a frenzy.
i have also had a few really bad days with my m.e, to the extent i have not been sleeping because of the pain, so yesterday i did something i rarely do, i went to bed at 4pm for a few hours. today the pain is not so bad and i feel much more clear-headed.
i am actually watching the window for the delivery of a woollen bag i ordered a few days ago (an early birthday present from swampy! if you look, its under accessories...page 2! the link wont go straight to it!)) and also a new vaccum cleaner...our present one has the suction of a mouse so decided to get ourselves a Dyson as we were so impressed with the one my mum has.
i have been thinking more of my sacred garden (swampy has doscovered my plans and asked today who will be doing all the hard work?!) i think because i have such a strong pull to the moon i will plant out associated herbs, flowers etc and i am considering getting a cutting from my mums willow and plant out at the end of the garden. i have also seen a small copper bird bath in dorchester that will be so right for standing nearby and will be great for scrying...candle flame on water. there is also two great shops in Glastonbury The Goddess and the Green Man and Star Child where i have been buying things for many years where i will be buying a few little items that can be left outside.
i am getting really excited about it, our home is very small and it is hard to do anything inside unless i lock myself in the bedroom...to have a special place outside will be amazing.
well its time to stop here...i hope to be back on a daily basis very soon.

4 comments:

kathyann said...

Hi Lee,sorry about the problems you have been having! maybe it will be good for you to take some time off for awhile!Time to recharge your batteries so to speak!Sleep is a great healer,I too have had a bad week health wise,I received my c.o.p.d. pack which included room thermometers as i'm at risk of infection if I am in the cold and an emergency prescription to take ,hopefully to avoid me having to go to hospital and they also ring once a week to make sure I'm ok! All I have been doing is sleeping,no energy for anything this week and like you pains in my joints So I am sending you ahug and hope you feel better soon!Everyone in blogland seems to be making good old hearty stews and soups at the moment,just the thing to warm you up!Take care Lee and we'll see you when you get back!Love from Kathyann and the girls
PS...If you e-mail me with your address,I'll send you some seeds for your garden,I seem to have lots and you are more than welcome to have some!
kathyann@btinternet.com

kathyann said...

Sorry Lee there should be 1 after kathyann or any e-mails won't reach me!,love kathyann

Miss Robyn said...

Daisy always sent me incense for the sabbats that she bought from The Goddess and the Green Man.. I cannot wait to visit it..

would you like a rock from me for your sacred space? I am missing you lots xo

laoi gaul~williams said...

kathyann you will be getting an email soon re the seeds...thank you very much :)

Robyn...yes i would love a rock for my space, very very much...missing you too...xoxoxo

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France