rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

wild & windy

Dia dhuit
my what a wild windy dorset we have today...actually think more gales~i think the way it funnels through our valley makes it worse.
swampy has just commented on the falling temperature and i think the fire will be lit soon~i dont think he has noticed the open window yet! despite the weather i love to have windows open to let in the fresh air and the scents from outside.


i spent a while last night on my family tree, i love discovering my roots, my ancestors

~those whose blood runs in me~
i love starting at the earliest census and moving up through the decades to see whether they have moved, new children being born, people leaving this earth, changing occupations...so much to find out and think on.


with this in mind, last night i decided to spend time with my Irish ancestors, the Gauls, Flavins/Flahavans and Sullivans~all from Southern Ireland


and what did i find out?

Catherine Flavin/Flahavan, my great, great grandma Margaret's sister, was a teacher in a Catholic school at the age of 14, their brother Thomas started as a shipwrights apprentice 1871, by 1901 he was a shipwright.
my great great great grandpa Patrick Flavin was a general labourer who by 1871 was an iron weigher.


i wonder what i will discover today?


finding these things out have made me think of things about myself, about thoughts and feelings i have had my whole life~i know one very dear soul who feels the same about their heritage.

its a feeling of belonging else where, feeling something is not quite right in the surroundings i find myself in, a feeling of being drawn to another place, almost another time.
i feel so close to these people, closer than to my other ancestors~its difficult to explain and i am sure even more difficult to understand unless you too feel the same thing.
it is such an odd random thing but it ties up all the odd loose ends of feelings, attractions to things, times,places even music...
i have such a strong sense of belonging to these people, my ancestors~yes they are my ancestors, my people, my tribe and their blood runs, strong despite the years, in me.

~it gives me a feeling of such joy in knowing this~

1 comment:

Miss Robyn said...

is that me? the other dear soul... oh, my heart flutters that you speak like that about me..

I wish so much that I could be where my ancestors walk.. and I wish I could go back in time to see what they did.. were they witches? what did they eat, do and talk about? I want so much to give my great grandma a hug and to ask her if she liked living here in Australia after growing up in Cornwall...

problem is.. I am here... and that is all there is about it.. I can't move to Cornwall so I simply must come to peace with my homeland here... I think I am the furtherest I could be from Cornwall !! and at least my state is named after Wales! It could be worse I guess.

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France