rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~first things first~

a big thank you to twiggy @ the world of twiggypeasticks
for this award :)
what with one thing and another its taken me some time to post this, but i thought i would sort myself while swampy is in the bath and its quiet!
so now, as i am feeling poorly with a cold (think my body is telling me i have quite enough sleeping in 'pippin'!) and the other day i was holding onto cody's harness (cute orange fleece one!) when he decided to go behind the chair i was sitting on and turn around twice...with my finger trapped in it...ouch, now its like a sausage and painful.
helpfully swampy said he didnt hear it snap so it cant be broken 'sigh' well it feels like it is!
anyway i am going off track here! as i was saying due to my ailments i shall be brief and cut and paste from our dear twiggy...hope you dont mind!
So I need to :-1. The winner can put the logo on her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the girls you’ve nominated
so here you go...
lovely words from lovely people :)

3 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

You love my blog & I love you & yours! I am not blogging right now, and even if I never come back, I hope with all my heart that you & I never lose touch xoxo

This Guy said...

Thank you SO much!! I feel so honoured to be in the list of recipents who also received this award from you! Its an amazing group, with amazing and inspiring blogs! Thank you for making me part of that! :)

Hope you feel better soon! :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh this is where you hang out! I've been going to the fire and blankets one, doh!

Congrats on the award and thank you so much for mine, how wonderful.

I hope you're feeling better soon. My back has been acting up. We should have more stability this weekend, fingers crossed to the heavens above.

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France