rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~study days~

i have been busy with my studies this week and only once i think been to visit any of you, this is my self-enforced break for some food so what else to do but post as i am conscious of my lack of posts lately...why feel guilty about not blogging i wonder?
anyway, my recent cold put me a good week behind with my reading and note taking the result of which i am late submitting my first assaignment to my tutor~luckily he has given me an extention so i am really, really hoping to get it sent off today.
then tomorrow i will be starting the cycle again with a new lot of reading and notes ready for my next assaignment due on the 31st.
this is just for one of my modules...i havent even started my other one yet!

sometimes i wonder how sensible i was taking three modules over one year but when i think of the final outcome i know i am doing the right thing.
of course it leaves me with little time for my own things, so much is being pushed aside for my degree~my knitting projects, cross stitch and planned patchwork quilt to say nothing of the pile of books beside my bed than cries out to be read/re-read!

and dont forget my trip to new york which is only 108 days away.
sam came here the other day and we sat together and booked our flights and hotel.
we finally decided to stay at the sheraton hotel and towers in manhatten, between central park and times square.

as it is our first trip there we decided we would want a room to remember so have booked a deluxe room with city views~i cant imagine the hustle and bustle we will be surrounded by after our country lives! we have been planning our stay carefully deciding on the usual tourist activities of the statue of liberty, empire state building, the site of the world trade center to lay flowers and specifically for my sister tiffany & co
well now swampy has just come in to say 'stop doodling and stuff and get on with your work'...my first thought was 'cheeky git' then i thought he is right!!!!

6 comments:

Leanne said...

ive been to new york twice, and unusually for me as i dont like cities much, i loved it., the Metropolitan Museum is a must, and also is having lunch here...

http://www.carnegiedeli.com/

theres always a queue, just join it! Its fab

Leanne x

This Guy said...

Its funny.. I'm only about 5 hours drive from New York, and I've never been!! I heard its an amazing city tho! Busy, but fun! You will have an awesome time!!

So you quilt hmmm? I crochet, but never learned how to quilt.. I know its so "86 year old lady" of me, but I want to join a quilting circle and learn! lol

enchantedartist said...

Oh I know just how you feel...sometimes there just isn't enough time! :)

But just wait until you're done...the knitting...books...quilt...they'll all be there when you're done.

JuliaB said...

hmm i'm not getting your blog feeds on bloglines. So i just arrived here to investigate and was JUST about to turn my mute on when the music started (sorry) ... when I realised what it was ... Oh i love it i love it .. Vagabonds by NMA... we used to follow them everywhere!! I particularly liked to play this song's intro at FULL BLAST in the car whilst driving in a built up area because the sudden "oi" if someone happened to be walking on the pavement, would always without fail make them jump out of their skin!!! Oh dear ... how juvenile of me .. still, the memory has made me laugh on a very un-laughy day. THANKYOU ! xxx

Rowan said...

How exciting to be going to New York, everyone I know who has been there has loved it evn people you'd think wouldn't enjoy cities. I've only driven through the outskirts on the interstate highway but one day I'll have to see it properly. Hope you are really well settled in your new home now and that your studies are going well.

Miss Robyn said...

I have been to New York, once. I loved it.. it was in December 2001, just after the dreadful day Sept 11. So the pain was still very raw and the site was still being worked on.. there is so much to see.. you will have a wonderful time I am sure

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France