rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~tattoos & green boots~

well now~last week i went off with spooky to get the twin of my triskele put in place.

the one on the right was the one i had done last year and i have been feeling 'lop-sided' ever since.

so when spooky decided she wanted another i knew it was time to put the lop-sidedness away!

the trouble is with tattoo's are they are addictive, well to me they are anyway and i am now planning my next, which hopefully will be put in place next year and will be a green man...







at 7.30 this morning there was what turned out to be a welcome knock on our door~ the postman bearing me gifts from devon~yes my gorgeous green boots have come back to me complete with a nice chunky black sole (they even sent me a cute little keyring!)

oh my and i am even more in love with them now!


yesterday we had to pop out so i bought myself a couple of pairs of tights 'just in case' i said to swampy 'they come tomorrow'~good thinking on my part as i am now proudly wearing them with a pair of turquoise tights~a very eclectic look!

when i was getting my clothes out this morning i was half-way through pulling jeans from my drawer to put on under my dress when i suddenly realised...no way! show off these boots! so for once i am sans jeans...



i am now waiting for the delivery of a new coat~i dont have a decent winter coat and decided that for once i was going to buy a new one, one that would look good with the boots, so chose a long chocolate colored velvet/silk one that is very gothic looking...picture here when it arrives!


its funny but since samhain, my new year, i feel that things have been moving forward, been feeling very positive. my studies are going well, we are settled in our new home despite a lot still needing to be done~but it feels like home~ and i myself am feeling 'different' a feeling that is hard to put a finger on...this needs exploring i think...





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those boots are truly beautiful.

Love the tattoos too.

Pixiedust said...

Great tatoos, I'm glad your boots have arrived they really are fab, I'm very tempted myself, but have massive calfs so they probably wouldn't fit. :o(. Your coat sounds amazing, I'm looking forward to seeing a pic.

xxx Pixie xxx

Maggs said...

Lovely boots you have. I need to get myself some
boots too.

I don't have any tattoos (yet). But my sister has two.

As for feeling different, could it be the new pagan year? I sometimes feel different at this time of year. ;)

Miss Robyn said...

oh my god, I love them!!! and love the tat as well. I get mine next Friday, I am going with a Celtic tree of life.

Rowan said...

Those boots are a fabulous colour, no wonder you love them. Like the design of your tattoos as well. Glad you are feeling so good about life right now.

enchantedartist said...

Oh my goodness...loving it all...tattoos...boots...tights...the dress...:)

I've danced with the idea of getting a tattoo...but thusfar have been to chicken to do it...:)

xo

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France