rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~green man tree oracle~



as some of you know, i have been working with these cards for some time now, i find them more suited for me than a regular tarot~my first tarot pack i bought about 14 years ago and just never took to them.


the green man cards i took to immediately. i first saw them in a shop and for some reason did not buy them straight away, instead walking away. but i could not get them out of my mind so eventually went to a coven of witches in nearby burley, where they had a single pack~of course i bought it.
instead of my three world spread i have started taking just one card and this card~the yew was given to me.
the green man wisdom states that perseverance leads to achievement
which is appropriate for me at this time as i am facing two exams over the next month and sometimes i feel like giving up, not all the time, just now and then when i am feeling unwell and think i wont manage to complete the work.
the yew also represents transition from 'death', in my case as i see it the rebirth into a new way of life
*perserverance to change and move forward into the new life*
this tells me to keep on with my work over the coming few years, to complete my degree and finally be able to do the work i really love

4 comments:

Pixiedust said...

Hi SD, I did manage to e-mail you my address the other day, I hope you got it, if not let me know and I'll try again. I love your green man tarot, I often just take a tarot out of the pack, to see what it says about the way I'm feeling. I'm still full of cold at the moment and not well enough to go to my works xmas party tonight but have lots of sewing to do, so staying in to do that today. Hope you are all ok. Pixie xxx

enchantedartist said...

These are lovely cards...gorgeous artwork. I have a deck of Tarot cards that I've never really taken too...I bought them over twenty years ago...and they have moved everywhere with me. Oddly enough...my daughter has become very interested in them.

What a wonderful message your card has given you...I'd say go with it! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I must get those!! They're beautiful, I use the Druid Animal Oracle more than any other cards I have (tarot or divination) and they are also illustrated by Bill Worthington.

JuliaB said...

Ooooh I think Will Worthington is great. I have the Druid Animal Oracle. Not sure about John Matthews since I discovered he was the historical advisor for a film about Arthur which was so ludicrously Inaccurate that it ruined totally my perception of his 'expertise' .. (He lives in Oxford and our wedding was nearly carried out by his wife Catlain) xx

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France