rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy


well now, i was up at 4.15 this morning and i am sitting here in my pyjamas and bedsocks, wrapped against the cold (no heating until 7.30!) in a big cardigan and scarf with a big mug of lemon tea...

...i couldn't sleep as i still had to proof read my last piece of work before submitting it so decided rather than lay there listening to the rain hammering down i might as well get up and finish it. its done and all i need to do now is submit it via my laptop. then i will put my books away until the beginning of february when my medieval history course starts. its such a feeling of satisfaction closing the file on my piles of paper, closing the books and putting them away in their cupboard.

so now i can look forward to my break away. i have had moments of horror at the thought of my journey, justifying it and the resultant carbon footprint, to the extent i updated my carbon footprint to include my flight. well, it still came out as below the national average by half. so i don't know why i am wasting my energy in worrying about it. when i think about it, the amount i recycle, the small amount we use our camper (generally about once a week, if that) and my tree planting activity (last year an oak, the latest being a rowan and more to come this year) i like to think that all of this will offset my flight.

so i am going to take my packed bag and actually enjoy my holiday and when i return home continue with keeping my carbon footprint down.

well, as i write the sky is going from black to a nice purple/blue and the first of the birds are starting their morning tunes. its going to be a busy day, doing the last of my packing and making sure i have everything and i am really excited. i have never been to new york and i understand from people who have been there that it is going to be a real experience.

i am really excited that the american folk art museum is only a short walk from our hotel so look forwards to visiting it, especially to see the textiles collection

well its 7.35 and i have to be ready to go to lymington with spooky at 9.30 so we can get any last minute essentials~i shall put the kettle back on, take a cup of tea into swampy to wake him up and watch the news for the lastest company shutting down over night. it seems every day some shop is closing down...maybe there will be some good news today?

*so to all my blogging family i say goodbye for a week*

*take care*

xoxoxo

7 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

you go and have yourself a fantastic time and forget about the carbon footprint.. we do our best but we also have to enjoy life... I will still fly places, maybe even the UK, it was just that 2009 didn't feel right for me.

I will miss you so much while you are away.. take me in your heart... oh and Daisy would adore you for your Hare Preservation link :)

JuliaB said...

Have a wonderful time!!! x

Moonroot said...

Bon Voyage!

Twiggy said...

Have a lovely, lovely time and say hello to New York for me. I'm not a city girl (well, apart from Dublin, oh and Paris:)but would make an exception for NYC if I got the opportunity.
Have a fabbo time
Twiggy x

Leanne said...

dont forget the carnegie deli!

leanne x

enchantedartist said...

Happy travels to you!! I can't wait to see all your pictures, and hear about it!

xx

Pixiedust said...

I've left you an award on my blog, for you return. xxxx

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France