rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~a simple spirituality II~

my spiritual path maybe simple, but it is also very much a constant, everyday spirituality~ one i cannot get away from, i cannot imagine my life empty of the thoughts and feelings i have for the world around me.

the wheel of the year flows in its constant circle marking the constant change taking part both within me and the world around me



*triads*

reverence for the earth, ancestors and gods~the land, sea and skies

the life energy flowing sunwise~the flow of divine energy

~which comes from the connection with the spirits of the land~*wind*rivers*

*tree's~the standing folk*



*stones*



~which comes form the ancestors and gods~the song of the land of my ancestors.





a comfortable, uncomplicated, but at the same time deeply complex path followed over years

finally being defined~a new 'old' path to follow, but one that is familiar.

5 comments:

mel said...

Cernnunos and Brighid...interesting that you should represent those two here....interesting in that they are the two who call to me most strongly...

I confess to having less of a *relationship* with the God...but when I see him...that is how he is to me..the Lord of the Wild Wood...

lovely post...

laoi gaul~williams said...

mel, cernnunos has always been there-probably helped by living in the midst of such an ancient forest, but brighid was a lonnng time coming! i saw her but didnt know who she was (and she wouldnt tell me!) so it took a lot of mediatation and work with my ogham oracle-when i finally had it i kept seeing signs all over the shop so i had no doubt.

Elizabeth Rhiannon said...

I love this post...over the past year or so I have noticed a tension, a strain, a depression in my life and have recently realized how I have neglected my beliefs, from the things that really matter to me; nature, meditation through tarot, reflection, ritual, etc. Not always so easy to jump back on that spiritual bike when you've allowed other things to consume your time, but I'm trying. Your post has helped me to be more focused :) Oh and by the way...Spain!? Oooh man...how great is that!? I hope you have a wonderful time and pleeeease share pics if you can. I know, not 'til Oct. but Happy Sailing! ~ER~

This Guy said...

I just love this post. Over the past year I've really lost my "connection" with the divine. This is just the inspiration I need to get back on track. Thanks! :) You always seem to have the most beautiful pictures on your blog too! I love them!!

Blessings,
Bret

Miss Robyn said...

just a beautiful soulful post. xo

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France