rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~a few days~

i have an essay due in on friday but have been so tired today i brought all of my books and laptop onto the sofa to work~i managed about an hour and have just given up.

i didn't sleep well last night and spent my waking hours listening to my ipod and looking at the shadow of the oak out of my bedroom window and a solitary star work its way across the sky.

yesterday i had my yearly eye test and all is well,except for yet again i need slightly stronger glasses~choosing new glasses is hard, all those exciting colors! i ended up choosing a rather funky red and black pair, but stuck with the usual slightly old fashioned NHS style frames.
i also just uploaded the picture swampy took of my eyes after my eye screening last week...




will you look at the size of my pupils...thank goodness its only once a year!


the lovely purple pixie asked for a picture of my hideously expensive but oh-so gorgeous green boots...i could have posted the picture i took when they were new, just over a year ago.

however i decided a new photo was needed of them

a photo showing the life they have had with me

the months of tramping around this and the surrounding villages of the new forest travelling across the atlantic with me and tramping the freezing cold streets of new york
exploring Avebury with a group of wonderful friends
sitting for many hours beside my nans hospital bed and her funeral the following week...
there have not been many days this past year when i have not worn them for a part of each day and i think the love and wear reflects in them quite nicely...




two days ago my new 'toy' arrived~the instrument i had promised myself to learn for a long time...



it was a toss up between my longed for bodhran and the didje~the didje from antic earthworks won but as i have a birthday not too many months away i guess the bodhran can be a gift for then!

its 147cm long and made of sycamore and sounds wonderful!

its almost time to stop now, i have been thinking of having a lay down on my bed but if i did i dont think i would see much more of today! instead i am thinking of watching 'pans labyrinth' and having an early night with a cup of Dr Stuarts valarian plus tea

*wherever you are i hope you are well and happy*

4 comments:

mel said...

oh but i do LOVE those boots!!!!!! I think we have very similar taste in footwear, m'dear...'sole sisters' even..sorry, couldn't help it!!

congrats on the arrival of your new instrument...I'll have to scout around for some audio on what it sounds like!!

xoxo

Sue Simpson said...

Hiya sweetie...oh yes!

I've had that look in my eyes...in fact when the bleeds were at their worst I had it every month for about a year...it stopped me getting into a nightclub with my son...no bloody idea why!And don't they just sting ike hell???

And Oh! thank you for sharing those gorgeous green boots with us...and haven't they done some travelling? Wonderful. They say a journay of a thousand miles starts with a single step :o)
G;ad you seem a lot brightest hunny...everyone I know is tired...whats going on...no one can sleep...I don't know but summats not right.
And the glasses...I got NHS Glasses and they're purple! VERY trendy, and FREE! lol

Bright blessings,
Sue (The Purple one)
Laughing at how much you look like your avitar hehehehe

Rose said...

Oh they are just so beautiful......

Rowan said...

The boots are a fabulous colour, no wonder you love them. I should have known that you would choose an ancient instrument to play, think I'd have gone for the bodhran though, love hearing that played. Hope you are feeling better today.

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France