rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~the turning wheel*further~


such a lot has happened in such a short space of time and it is only now in the last few days things have slipped into place within my mind and i am finding peace from the darkness that has been here and finally accepting everything that has happened~it is still hard and each day brings new tears but yes, i am finding peace.

everything that has happened seems,to me,to have happened at significant times.

the sudden loss of our beautiful Cody was at a point of darkness~the waning of the midwinter moon, but at the same time at the turning of the wheel where the darkness,still strong,slowly wanes and welcomes the light.

my path has shown its strength at this time and i feel joy that i saw the darkness and came through it feeling stronger~knowing i came through the darkness means i can face it again one day.

~further~

my word for 2010, which came about from a thread in a forum i belong to~when the thread started i had no thought for a word and it wasn't important to me, but suddenly this week the word came to me. some of you out there may well recognise this wonderful bus and this is where my inspiration came from for my word.


photo by joe mabel

to me 'further' is a reminder to always keep moving forwards and not become stuck in the present or the past

so i shall move further forward in my life and down my chosen path~always with cody tucked deep in my heart

6 comments:

mama p said...

further is the most wonderful bus of them all :) happy travels upon it this year.

Twiggy said...

Check out my blog ,there is a little award waiting for you !!
love
Twiggy x

Miss Robyn said...

just want to say, that not a day goes past that I don't think of you and as a wise friend always says to me: 'every thought is a prayer' ~ xo

al hayball said...

Easier said than done mate. Glad you are beginning the journey to move on. Its been 2 months since my Jode scampered off and now I cope much better. I move on further with her tucked deeply under my arm with a new soul by my side. (...The new van's coming along well too!) alx

al hayball said...

I'm sorry, I didn't word that very well...It does hurt, and time eases the pain, but you never forget, Its very sad, Cody is often on my mind. You know he will always walk by your side in spirit and in your memory... past, present and future.

Callies Cottage said...

Hello,
Only found your blog today and had to write and say that I hope each day the memories are a comfort..
Warm Wishes from a fellow Stonewylde fan,
Cally x

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France