rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~contemplation & growing things~

i sat in the garden in my pyjamas this morning~my body is in a routine of waking early these days which i love.

i love the feeling of being up and about before anyone else in our little tucked away road, no sound of cars being moved or front-doors banging or dogs barking-not that it happens much, we must live in one of the quietest roads in the village.
just me and my garden, bee's humming among the flowers and the birds singing like crazy.
the blue sky gave the promise of another hot day~this year we really are having a real summer



i like to contemplate in the garden, while i have the peace around me~today with the scent of sage incense i bought when last in burley.

i contemplated my sacred garden~or rather what sacred garden?
although i feel it is indeed a fae garden it is not feeling special~sacred right now~in fact with my recent flurry of revision and exam my path has been sorely neglected.
it doesn't take much does it?
but the couple of weeks i have had drifting since my exam has almost prepared me for picking up the threads that remain and is now allowing me to continue down my path.
i was going to say 'chosen path' there, but i didn't choose my path it has chosen me and it is high time i honour this



~*~*~*~
of color
~*~*~*~


for some reason i wanted bright red geraniums in pots on our little patio this year~i have two


this poppy was a tight bud last night when we went out to light our nightly candle for cody and we debated if it would be pure white or with hints of pink...


yellow loosestrife and corn cockle


yellow loosestrife and ferns which are one of my favorite plants and a very ancient species~my mum has many growing wild in her garden and when she finds tiny ones she pots them up and brings them to me~our fence to the south has shade all day and is the perfect spot


the guardian of the garden


~**~
of fruit & vegetables
~**~



my first attempt at chilli's~ 'Apache' and 'Cheyenne'





my tomato's are growing well but i think i started too late in the year


my first ever cucumber is coming along nicely

7 comments:

Chatters said...

Hi

Your garden is lovely. I have the yellow flower in my garden too. I didn't know what they were called. Thanks for given me a name to this wild flower

Miss Robyn said...

I have wandered from my path too.. and I could cry.. I do it too often.. getting caught up in the busyness of life.. then feel melancholy.. wondering why.. then realize i am ungrounded, unconnected.. I need to walk..

Chatters said...

Just been looking around your blog, especially looking at pictures of your scared garden. Your garden is beautiful and your blog is lovely. Will be having a look round and a read.

mel said...

oooooh! garden loveliness!! Your flowers are gorgeous -- I'm a big fan of ferns myself -- YES, they are so ancient and I think that's why I love them so much....

xo

mel said...

oh, i also meant to say -- I'm an early-riser myself and deeply treasure those early hours to myself -- the dawn threshold is a most magical one and the peace I find there is sublime...

xo

Kath said...

So I am not the only one wandering out in my night wear :D
Your garden is so pretty.

C said...

Hi hun firstly thanks for all your supportive messages, i am slowly geting back to normal-ish lol your garden is looking amazing my tomatoes are about the same stage as yours and mine are in the poly tunnel so i dont think you started too late, and your cucumber is wow lol mine are still titchy but lots coming. thanks for the beautiful post i do love a good old nose around gardens :) brightest blessings hope your too feeling brighter x x x x

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France