rise and root



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~up & about~

i have been up and about now for a few days, but still not feeling too great.

i still have some pain but no-where near as bad as during the first week out of hospital.

*my visit to the hospital was the first i had ever had~how had i made it 43 years without a stay in hospital i ask myself?!*

i have to say despite dreading the night away from home it was not too bad at all.

i spent the first six hours after my operation in the big general hospital~the first few hours only being able to lay flat~as they had operated through my femoral artery i was not allowed to move until the wound had stopped bleeding and healed over a little.
then i was transferred by ambulance to the women's hospital just over the road, the princess anne where i remained until the following afternoon.

i was in a small ward with only two other women and it was nice a peaceful~the only trouble was the 'ob's'~ checking us every two hours on the hour including throughout the night.
i admit to not actually being able to sleep due to the pain and sickness but the one or two times i did manage to nod off i was woken for 'ob's'~my blood pressure, temperature, checking of the wound and a finger prick for my blood sugar level.

the worse thing was the heat though~i sleep throughout the year with a bedroom window open, i feel as if i am suffocating if i cannot feel nice cool air around me.
well i was in the bed furthest from the window!
by the morning both my temperature and blood pressure was sky high and i asked to be moved to a window bed with the window open. this soon lowered my temperature and blood pressure and when my consultant came over to see me he agreed that going home would be the best option as i was obviously distressed!


i have now been up and about for the whole day for three or four days and i have been out of the house a few times. for two evening i have been on a short, slow walk over the forest with swampy to walk flynt~yesterday it was drizzling but warm and it felt so good to be out. the one other time swampy took me to a hobby shop to buy some yarn~they didn't have what i wanted so i ended up buying a book~one i have wanted for some time~the stitch n' bitch crochet:the happy hooker

already it has helped me figure out a few minor and one more major crochet niggles~so money well spent.

i am still having to take strong pain killers with the associated anti-sickness tablets and yesterday started having to take tablets for stabbing pains in my tummy~now i had these before my operation so a bit unsure why i should still be having them~i guess i shall see how it goes over the next week.


Laura said...

i'm keeping you in my thoughts and sending healing energy your way. i'll be going monday a week for an angiogram and they'll be going into my femoral artery. your post sounded just so familiar to me.

Kadeeae said...

So glad to see that you've been able to be 'out and about' a bit, had to be a definite boost for the mind-set =)

Hoping the stomach pains sort themselves out soon.

Ruth said...

Just read this - haven't visited you for ages. I hope you are feeling a lot better now.

Tina said...

Glad you do better! As I remember from my "studies" of ways on how to get rid of myoma I remember that it needs time for the system to take away the tissue that died through the embolisation. So thats perhaps where this pain comes from now? But don't wait too long before letting it check. Seems like you do really feel better now and I know how much better it is to be home instead of staying in hospital. Hd the heat thing, too, windows all opten, even in winter, prefer to have more blankets to stay warm - in hospital (8 years ago now)had the bed away from the (mostly closed)window, too, and a plastic sheet under the sheet, too, I woke every night soaked in sweat and couldn't sleep any more...
Keep heeling! Nice short, slow walks are so good!
xxx Tina

miss*R said...

Oh lee, you are having a time of it for sure. I hope it all settles for you soon.

know that I am thinking of you often & will send some healing and energy to you xoxo

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.

Chief Seattle

Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France