rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~wool in pocket~


i have been working away on my friends wrap/shawl and when i reached the point that my wool was small enough it sat in the pocket of my cardigan~this way i can wander into the kitchen to make tea and take my work with me, without, as i usually do, trailing wool on the floor behind me.

i am glad to say my daily yoga practice is going well and while i am not feeling better, mentally i am feeling much more positive. i only do a very gentle ten to twenty minutes daily and there are some positions i cannot do any more but what little i do feels so good.

i am a happy bunny with the introduction of a piece of £1 technology.
now usually i hate new technology but i have been using kodak easyshare to transfer photos from my camera to laptop and it is a surprisingly long drawn out process.
i am sure someone where has to shovel coal into my laptop to get easyshare to actually do anything!
swampy suggested picking up an sd card reader-which i plug into my laptop and then put the memory card into that...well my photo uploading is now easy and painless and more importantly fast. so i no longer dread sorting my photos.
funny how something so small can make things so much easier...now if only i can find something to make my itunes experience easier!

~*~*~*~

i have a confession to make.

i went to the hairdressers on friday.

if you remember from previous posts i have been cutting my own hair for some time.

well to be honest it had started to drive me mad, especially during my hot flushes and was looking a mess. so i booked an appointment, trudged down in the freezing cold and sat in that dreaded chair swathed in a nylon poncho, avoiding looking at myself in the mirror.
it turns out the girl who cut my hair grew up in the same road as me and knows my mum, i remember her as a very small girl-it meant we had plenty to talk about and i am very pleased in that she cut my hair exactly as i wanted it and i am very pleased with the result...so much so i have already made an appointment to have a trim with her.
i had a good 3-4 inches cut off the lengh so its just above shoulder length, lots of layers and she thinned it out-i am sure there was enough hair hair on the floor to knit a large jumper! when i am feeling brave enough i shall post a photo.

~what new thing do you do last week?~

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Does helping beloved to do the tiling and actually laying (is that the right word?) several tiles count as a new thing? Liking the new look blog and imbolc image x

laoi gaul~williams said...

oh yes that counts!
and frugal dinner tonight is baked potatoes with cheese and ravioli :)

Miss Robyn said...

i cannot wait to see a new photo!
keep up with the yoga.. the body will stretch out over time.. truly.. you will be amazed :)

oh and the hot flushes: 4 or 5 sage leaves a day - either in cooking or just eat them.. I make a tea, drink the tea and then eat the leaves. it helps.
oh and make a spritz with water and some lavender and clary sage drops - spray the top of your head, the inside of your elbows, back of neck and face.. when a flush starts..
wisdom from my herbalist.

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France