rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~sea glass~







i am in love with my jar of sea glass~this was collected during the few years swampy and i lived a two minute walk from the sea in bournemouth. you can just see a small piece of blue, somewhere in there, there is also a piece of red~they are the very special ones for as you can see its mostly white, with some pieces of brown and green.


******

there is something very pleasing about sea glass~yes, it is essentially someones thoughtless dumping of rubbish. but i think it undergoes some special alchemy during its time in the rolling, travelling sea.

it hears the talk of the sea creatures and tales of the wind as it spins on its watery journey until it washes up on some beach with the tale of its journey tucked inside the frosted blanket that surrounds it.

if i open it i wonder if a drift of sea blue and green sparkles will fly out and shower me in their salty tales?

8 comments:

Steph said...

There definitely is something magical about seaglass; it is getting rare as plastic has moved in. Shells and pebbles and driftwood are my thing because I never thought about seaglass until recently - I shall have to catch up with you somehow !

C said...

Oh i love i love sea glass :) my favourite past time lately even christmas day was spent gathering sea glass. It certainly has a wonderful history i wonder everytime where its been and what it was where it came from and what its seen.... im in process of making my nice bits in to jewellery and the rest into a collage. Wonderful post ty

Kath said...

Funny thing is, I found my jar of sea glass whilst unpacking some moving boxes recently.
A few months back I found an oddity at Berrow, it was a large egg shape, grey and slightly pimply textured. Guess what it turned out to be? a peice of breeze block worn by the waves!

Leanne said...

I have some pieces too, not as many as you though laoi. its very tactile to handle, isnt it?

Leanne x

Miss Robyn said...

I love seaglass too.. I think it is something so little girlish, that it touches our soul in that part of us..
I have mine in a huge jar sprinkled amonst my sea shells.

Rowan said...

What a lovely description of seaglass, I've never collected it but I like to see it made into jewellery.

Tina said...

I have a jar with sea glass standing in our bathroom. I collected it on Helgoland, an island in the north sea. Lots of greens, but some whites and a few brown ones, too. No blue one, though. I feel the same about it as you do! There might be a lot of marine energy in those little glass pieces. I want to try the following: set a tealight in a small glass inside the jar with the sea glass inbetween. I imagine this looking really pretty with the candle on when I am relaxing in the tub!

Eileen said...

My sea glass has been collected on trips to the ocean over many years. As I am land-locked for most of the year but long to be by the ocean, the little pieces are very valuable and soothing to me when I am far from the waters edge. I often leave bits as thank you gifts to friends I have visited for their collections.

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France