rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~sigh~


its been one of those days today where my concentration is poor, really poor.
i set out to do a few hours study this morning, then again this afternoon~buts its one of those days where i just cant.

there is a restlessness in my mind that i cannot overcome.

~*~*~*~

i have to answer rose here who asked how i was burning my incense~for this kind of loose incense i use small charcoal discs that i bought in starchild although they can be bought in any good hippie shop.
i burn mine in a wee cast iron cauldron that swampy bought me in burley at the coven of witches in one of our neighbouring villages.

~*~*~*~

it has finally turned quite wintery here in this ancient forest, the sunsets have been a little gloomy of late, but spectacular nonetheless...




now we wrap up warm when walking flynt and the tree's are finally dropping their leaves and the pools that dried up over summer are filling up again~in one area we walk the woods are full of small pools, hiding among the tree's and there is always a special, yet secret feeling about them.
as if, if you stood there long enough, your gods and goddesses would be sure to find you...




the berry bearing tree's and bushes are full of colour as you can see with the holly here~as they were last year~prompting many people to predict a hard winter...




this particular walk always guarantees the finding of the fly agaric~the fairy story mushroom...






i dont know why but i am always drawn to taking their photo.


~*~*~*~

this week was my yearly opticians appointment and as i have every year for the past four year, i have had to have a stronger prescription for my far sightedness.
 but now i face the prospect of having to wear glasses most of the time for near sightedness.
i noticed about six months ago that when out i was having problems focusing on the distant tree's and not being able to read signs until they were very close.
so i have chosen new frames...my usual plain, black style to go with my new varifocal lenses...my, i feel vauguely old now!

i am a little apprehensive as i had such trouble with bifocals last year and gave up with them~resulting on my spending most of my time with my glasses (as i am while typing this!) perched halfway down my nose so i can peer over the top of them while reading or doing my crochet.
i vow i will try my hardest to get used to them~however i did opt for the premium lens which gives a larger area of lens to see through.

~*~*~*~

here in our little 'round house' things are in full swing for winter nesting~swampy is decorating the hallway a warmer colour than we used when we moved in, which i hope will feel much more welcoming when we come home on cold days.

now, some of you may remember my post from march


there i talked of painting our front door and rebellious bright red

well tomorrow it will be the said bright red!

and swampy had the most wonderful idea for our house number, which i shall keep secret for now...but watch this space!

~*~*~*~

well its now nearly dark and an evening of torchwood beckons~along with pizza and garlic bread

~have a good evening everyone~


4 comments:

Rose said...

That sounds like a lovely evening! Look forward to seeing you pics of your new front door and house number. Thank you for the incesne pointers! I shall look out for something nice to burn incense in in this way! Some days are just meant to be dreamed through.... *hugs*

jill said...

Hi Laoi,hope you will be feeling more able to concentrate soon Im sure we all have days where our minds wander about not settling I sure do.Love your photos the fairy story mushroom is so pretty.Look forward to seeing what your going to do with your front door.Hope you enjoyed your pizza and garlic bread.Love Jill xx

Rebecca said...

I love the photo of the mushroom, I have never seen any like that in the woods that we walk in. Please post a photo of the front door, I guess you are going to be raising a few eyebrows!! Nothing wrong with that, take care x

Anonymous said...

I, too, have just stumbled into the world of the Varifocal!
It does take a fair bit of perseverence but I think I am getting there and I am certainly safer behind the wheel now LOL!
I live in the New Forest and I adore this time of year but for some reason I find it the most difficult time emotionally.
Stand with your back to an old oak, shut your eyes and let the tree magic work. It always makes me feel stronger.
Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Jules.

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France