rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~change~

its that time of year again
there is something about sitting on the cusp of the dark months that i love so much
the autumn equinox is only a short hop, skip and jump away
 
for some weeks now i have had the feeling deep inside of the change that is to come.
 
there has been the smallest change in the air, the way the air feels around me, in the forest itself.
 
out walking flynt the heat has not diminished in any way, its still the heat of summer, there is just something...a something that is hard to really put into words but if you feel it too you will know.
 
i love the dark months,
i adore nights of wild weather, where i sit here all cosy and listen to the wind and rain.
 
although the dark months are a time to withdraw, to look inwards i feel energised by the dark days and i can feel so many ideas and plans tumble through my mind.
 
its also a good time to focus once more on my path, as usual, during the lighter months other things take to the fore and my soul journey always seems to fade with the increased light.
 
i think the darkness helps me focus more
 
there is so much i want to do, i was chatting with calv about it the other day
 
banjo practise
needle felting
try my hand at wet felting
lots of books to read
crochet projects
focus more on my soul journey
jewellery making
 
we both talked about making up a daily timetable to ensure it all gets done!

~*~*~*~

next day...

today has started grey and dark.
i woke and was unable to get back to sleep so was up making my mug of tea by 7.30.
yesterday i did a little gardening


i cut back some plants, swept the patio, stacked my small pile of logs for my cauldron and moved my little 'sleeper' table. then i sat for a while burning some original Tibetan healing incense while writing in my journal.

***

today is a 'pyjama' day-the kind of day where i don't actually dress properly.
on a pj day you wear something that would be comfortable to sleep in if you happen to fall asleep on the sofa, or lie on the bed to read then by some chance fall asleep on the bed.

not that i am planning a nap today as i promised to cook swampy a roast dinner-a rare event in this house i can tell you.

i keep having the urge to de-clutter and tidy our small front room.
at the moment the grrl-cave is on hold and swampy is considering putting decking down on the platform for the cave for now...i admit having a small area of decking would make my poi practise much easier!

i am contemplating turning our front room into my grrl-cave for now.
at the moment 'evangeline' is in there and two whole walls are used for storage-well now, you know that 'man' thing where they just put things on the nearest available surface and that means its tidy and out of the way (but actually is not?!) that's what we have a surfeit of in the front room!
stuff gets put down and forgot about (while my stuff in the kitchen is always commented on...'you do not need another mug!')
so next week i am going to buy some decorated storage boxes and pack 'stuff' away and start to get the room tidy. i have already measured my desk and found it will fit under the window.
my biggest problem is storing evangeline and the 1960's kitchen unit that belonged to my parents when they married.
swampy and i took it on and restored it when we lived in dorset and had a kitchen that had no units (just a sink, rayburn and walk in pantry) and because it was my parents i don't have the heart to sell it.
so until the grrl-cave is in then i will have to just keep it in the 'temporary' cave.
i have the idea of using it to store all my yarn, needle felting equipment etc.

how do you solve your storage problems?!







 

4 comments:

Tina said...

I do love these days ahead, but not the cold and wet ones as I do have to outside a lot... And I hate when I leave the house in the dark and come back and it is already dark again. Miss the good off leash walks with the doggies then. But I love dry cold winter weather when everything is so crisp and seems so clean...
And a good book on the sofa or my knitting is a good but rare treet, too.
And I miss gardening i n the winter

Anonymous said...

Oh wow... there is something so soothing about reading your words while sipping on my yerbe matte, as I can feel the shift of the seasons.
I love the way you write. ("lots of books to read, crochet projects
focus more on my soul journey") me tooooo!!!
Tibetan incense and journalling and talk of girl caves.
I wish I lived closer - I'd be over to chat about storage with you. Thrift store dressers do it for me - tucked into a corner somewhere, they hold all kinds of "stuff".
xo

laoi gaul~williams said...

Boho i would love it if you lived closer~i could see many good conversations ;)

Tina this morning i mentioned to swampy that i am looking forwards to the first hard frost of the year!

Linda said...

I agree with Boho Mom your words are very soothing...I am feeling the same change...it is in the air...the weeks I was off line got me going again to de-clutter ...My favorite storage idea...big old trunks...They can be out to be enjoyed while hiding many things...:) Fall is coming & I welcome it...hibernation....Love it..<3

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France