rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~mornings~

it was a nice chilly morning when i got up at 7.30...again...i always seem to wake earlier when the days turn darker.
 
i love getting up to peace and bird song and catching the time when the dew or frost covers everything.
 
i love that chill in the air which has me pulling my green shawl around me as i conduct my morning ritual...open kitchen curtains and window, kettle on, cup ready with either lemon tea or spiced chai, check the calender and mark of another day gone, open curtains and one or two windows in the living room, turn on laptop after checking for spiders, stare into garden while water boils, then i sit with my laptop for an hour or two-catching up on emails (usually junk), the stonewylde forum, my blog for comments, then i pop onto fb to catch up with my friends.
 
its a ritual of sorts and i feel out of sorts if my day does not start this way.
 
***
 
today i have my yearly eye screening and will be popping into lymington to go to the bank and have a little wander...if my eyes are up to it-they squirt this horrid stinging liquid into them to dilate the pupils you see and sometimes it takes time to clear...
i have some small prints i want to frame so need to find a nice frame for them and i just enjoy getting out of the house.
 
***
 
later, all being well (i woke with the migraine i fought off yesterday threatening me again) i plan on starting to sort through our accumulated *stuff* in the front room as preparations for my taking it over as my indoor grrl-cave.
 
i bought four storage boxes yesterday, but thinking it is not enough-i will just have to see how it goes.
i have this feeling of urgency to get it sorted and move my desk as i have a plethroa of crafting ideas that need outlet and also i want a place where i can burn my incense that does not disturb the sensitive system named swampy!
 
i just want a 'me' place
 
it does'nt feel right having my desk in the bedroom-i want the bedroom to be the bedroom not a multi-purpose room.

~well time to have a wander in the garden~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Autumn is my favourite season, I think the first frosts are not far off here. Are you going to post any pics of the indoor cave?
Blessings for Mabon/autumn equinox x

Tina said...

It is definetly getting autumn here, too, though it is wanderfully outside today, after a night of rain.
I think it is good to get the desk out of the bedroom! I have my craftroom, too, but not the time to be there a lot.
Love your morning ritual. Sounds a good start to the day!
Here it is out with Dingo FIRST thing then out with all dogs or just the girls, then having a cup of tea and some cereals while emptying the dish washer then bathroom and off to work :-(

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France