rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~time needed~

 
these days i do not seem to have enough time in the day for all those projects i am doing/want to do
 
over at the wylde apothecary i have a couple of new things nearly ready for listing as well as needing to package up more of my hand blended incense. plus i have moved into the realms of working with creative copper and today will be firing my first experimental piece. all being well this means my first copper ogham pendants will be up for sale next week.
 
*
 
i have finally bought myself some rowan felted tweed and working up a storm with my crochet hook with 'avocado' (i have run out of bilberry already!)
 
*
 
i have a pile of books on the go~the one i cannot put down is joanne harris
 
 
i am trying to pace myself, this being the final of the chocolat trilogy but become so absorbed in the story i find the pages rushing by. so this morning i vowed not to sit with my morning mug of tea and read more but wait for my bedtime mug of clipper 'snore and peace' tea and enjoy an uninterrupted hour read tucked under my blankets...maybe with a kitten or two at my feet.
 
*
 
mostly my mind is full of my soul journey~my spiritual path
this year, more than any other year after samhain as we fall deeper into the darkness, i find myself pulling back somewhat.
finding myself content to remain in my little home here in this ancient forest with all my tasks around me.
but whatever my task i find my mind constantly on my path and how it relates to my everyday life, how i can bring ideas of a soul journey to others by way of the wylde apothecary.
 
i am finding it easy to block out the things of 'modern life', to focus more on my ancestors and how they may have lived their lives.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France