rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

tuesday 26th june 2007... my first post~welcome to my world

Merry Meet )o(
Well I have started the Blog and after a few...quite a few false starts I feel quite pleased with myself.
I am looking foward to sitting down and writing this and keeping you regular readers up to date with my vegetable garden, compost and recycling!
This is only possible by being back on the internet this week after some time away except by way of weekly visits to the library. That became a bit of a chore because of my M.E (more on that at a later date) so after jigging the finances my OH (from here on known as Swampy) decided getting a land line was possible.
Naturally our old friend Sod paid a visit yesterday resulting in a computer meltdown of nuclear proportions, the end of which we lost everything...and I mean everything...photos of camping trips and the restoration of our camper. But with some help from our neighbour across the lane we were able to get everything up and running.


Later ~ Well I think thats it for today.
As I type there is finally some blue sky and the ground is drying out. Earlier my pea canes were put in place and radishes and spring onions inspected...coming on nicely. The first wild strawberry was harvested and given to Cody our dog (more on him later!)
Tomorrow its off down the tiny lanes to town where Swampy is having physio on a dodgy elbow and I will attempt to get a hair cut and buy some new sandals...the pace of life is just too much!

No comments:

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France