rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~of eye drops, chips and mugs of tea by the sea~


well i had my optician visit yesterday.

the first half was taken with the usual sight test~my short sight has deteriorated in the last two years so a new prescription was made up with a prism in one lens~it seems one eye like to make the other do all the work!

then i was assigned a young man to help me choose my new frames~this i was dreading as swampy was waiting in pippin with cody and i hate anything that involves me trying things on and looking in a mirror~i have, like many people quite low self confidence and avoid photos and mirrors~still he helped me select a nice pair and checked the fit etc before he led me round to the chap doing the diabetic eye screening.
this was my first one and he talked me through the session~then came the worse possible part~eye drops to dialate my pupils...and not any old eye drops, oh no~imagine how your eyes sting when chopping onions? now imagine that feeling as eye drops.
needless to say i was not impressed and while i sat wating for them to take effect i felt as if i were slowly turning into a owl with slightly blurred vision!

still i was all over within about twenty minutes and~ with instructions to go home, put my feet up and listen to the radio for the 4-5 hours it would take to get my vision back~i was in pippin and unfortunately not to go home to radio 4 but onto bridport for lunch at west bay then onto pippin's mot.
at west bay we did the 'tourist thing' sitting in pippin eating very hot chips, mugs of tea and looking out at the most amazing blue sea and skies.
then i am glad to say pippin passed his mot with flying colors~the third year in a row!
it was a gorgeous day to be out and about, especially here in dorset, where, the further west you travel the more spectacular the land around you becomes~it becomes so much wilder.
i really didnt want to come home~i wished we had our sleeping bags and some food so we could find a nice camp site and stay out. coming home after being out and about, especially after camping for any length of time, is always so difficult for me.
i want to be out, to stay out and sleep with something considerably less than a brick wall between me and mother earth and the elements.
swampy always jokes that my love of camping and travelling has something to do with my irish ancestors being travellers~but a part of me does wonder how true that could be given their odd lack of census information...

1 comment:

Tina said...

Ah, what a great fix this pic is for me the sea junkie! I am so missing it and know that I won’t see, hear, smell and feel and it in reality for quite some time. I used to not liking pictures taken of me but now I have changed and prefer lots taken so that I can choose those few on which I like me and delete the others! And congrats on Pippin’s well gone checkup. I am also an outdoor girl and only this house we are living in since December seems to let me be “at home” at home. When I was a kid we were camping for nearly 6 weeks in summer and I still didn’t want to go home… I hate preparations to go away though!

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France