rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~musical reminiscences~


if any of you come to my blog with your sound up you will hear a selection of my music~regular readers will notice i have added some new tracks overnight.


pondering my playlist the other day i realized the selection there does not totally represent 'me', oh i love my folk music to death~it was what i was brought up listening to by pagan~pa, but there is much more to my music collection than the folk section.


i have always been a huge music lover, covering almost every kind of music, like every other big love in my life; history, archaeology, reading, this music-love came from pagan~pa, although his music tastes were not quite as broad as my own. when i was about 10 i was given my own stereo for my bedroom~i was thrilled, no more sharing pa's in his art room (although i would still go to bed with my little radio under my pillow, falling asleep to radio luxembourg) instead i would have ma yelling the usual 'turn that row down are you deaf?'

despite this my music collection slowly grew and grew no quieter~and oh you know what i miss~vinyl.
you used to get so much more then~posters, booklets, a nice big picture if it was a double album, colored vinyl and picture discs with one of my prized picture discs being a copy of sgt.pepper.

then when i was older i was able to travel alone and further afield to buy and had more money to spend~i would track down all the second hand record shops within thirty miles to buy original grateful dead and jethro tull albums and in manchester i discovered 'eastern bloc' a shop selling really hard to find music. if i had believed in heaven then i was there!

of course this progressed to live concerts although not until i was 16 and at college, my first was the smiths in 1984 with james as their support act! from there followed queen at wembly with status quo and inxs as support, marillion quite a few times and jethro tull; years later REM, fun lovin criminals, ben lee and of course my recent take that adventure!
i also saw a lot of smaller indie bands; mega city four, pop will eat itself, the juddacutters, smashing pumpkins, the cropdusters, levellers, sensless things, whiskey priests and many more who i cant even remember any more!
and going to both the reading and glastonbury festivals allowed me to see many more bands than i would have, my most memorable being nirvana in 1992.
i still have all my old vinyl~albums, singles and 12 inch~oh how i loved those! i also have a selection of my mums singles from the fifties~including a huge pile of her Elvis 78's!
so when i move i shall buy myself a small turntable and have a listen and transport myself back in time.

1 comment:

Pixiedust said...

I will check out your latest tunes SD. I forgot to ask how was the Dolmen?

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France