rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~sitting here~


well here i sit, glasses on, laptop in front of me and a mug of pukka 'clarity' tea~ginger, lemongrass and gotu kola~by my side.


its been my moontime and as usual been very unwell for several days; on monday i just gave up went to bed with a hotwater bottle around 2am and stayed there until the next morning, sometimes the cramps and sickness, added to my symptoms of m.e become just too much and i do give in. on monday swampy was fantastic as he always is, keeping my hot water bottle topped up, making me home made lemon and ginger root drinks and bringing me fruit which was all i could eat.
so i have been doing a bit of catch up in blog~land, if i usually visit you i will be by in the next couple of days.
reading your comments from my last post made me glad i am not the only one to feel this way and its good to know that others out there are thinking and planning to get through the next few difficult years~which i am sure we will all do.
like miss*r it scares me too and i just hope that when we come out of the other side humankind will be more thoughtful and open.
what also scares me are those out there~yes they are still out there~who do not care, those who know about these issues and who just don't care and/or cant be bothered~ about the worlds resources, who don't recycle, who waste, who don't care what products go down their drains and fill their homes with toxic substances...the list is endless.
i find it hard to believe that there are still people who do not recycle~i remember last year a bit on the news about a street who did not have waste collection each week and they were interviewing folk~the amount of things that they were throwing out that were recyclable was incredible.
call me difficult but anyone can recycle given the amount of bins in towns and villages these days, even if people just take one bag of recycling with them each time they know they are going near a recycling bin is something, but to see as in this news item the mounds of rubbish that was being thrown out was depressing.
we have waste collection here weekly but swampy and i have ours collected maybe every 2-weeks, we have two large compost bins, we use only Ecover products around the home, most refilled when needed, the same in the bathroom with shampoo etc and on a regular week we only use pippin once ~ i like to think this makes up for when we use him to go a longer distance for camping and even then, when i think about it we still use less that the 'suits' who roar up and down every day for their jobs. we have even looked into putting in a diesel engine so we could use vegetable oil but would need ear defenders when driving in him~if you have ever been in an h-van before you will know why!
maybe i am too hard on people when i feel they have no excuse, but to me there is no excuse not to do what you can for our land.
maybe my mind is too much in the past~to a time when the litter of mankind did not fill the air, the land and the sea's and the greed of mankind fill peoples minds.
part of my mind and my whole heart is filled with the land and ways of my ancestors, a time when the gods were honoured as was the land they walked upon, things were taken from the land with thanks and respect...

6 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

Joe and I were just having this very conversation tonight.. we have decided to do more.. turning more lights of and using candles..and I even said *gulp* that I may have to cancel my trip to the UK... due to rising fuel costs.. but I can't, I just can't.. my soul is so important - I would die from the yearning I have inside to visit my ancestral home.

Miss Robyn said...

oh and the whole world is just mad.. using stuff.. and I am just as bad as the next.. on the computer, using art stuff etc etc... China pumping absolute crap out every day.. plastic crap, even those 'green' bags.. they are full of chemicals... *sigh* must get off this soap box.

laoi gaul~williams said...

oh robyn you must come over~balance is the word of the times...your eco-goodness evens out the times you cant be environmentally friendly.
be safe in the knowledge you are not abusing our land without a care
xoxoox

Leanne said...

Humankind in general just doesnt care enough, its lost its connection to the earth, and doesnt care that the earth is suffering because of mankinds greed. People generally are too selfish to change their ways.
The few of us who do care cannot undo all the negatives of those who dont, and that really bothers me. :-(
Leanne x

RunninL8 said...

Yesterday I saw a bumper sticker that said,"MY America-Right OR wrong." Can you believe that mentality?!?!
I recently bloged about fear being a catalyst to our family re-thinking and re-pioritzing what we can do to live greener. We've been having fun making our own natural cleaning supplies-the commercial natural products in Alaska are just too expensive. I think I'll post the "recipes" for those on thursdays instead of food recipes!
Thanks for the reminder to give thanks. Our blessing before dinner is about thanking earth and sun for providing. I enjoy instilling that ethic in my children.

An Gàidheal Pàganach said...

Sorry to hear you are unwell, SD. I was "in the barn" this week, too but it was short-lived. Yeah.

As to recylcing, I find it incredible that anyone in this country doesn't recycle. We have three, large wheelie bins for our recylcing and they are full every week. We have only one wheelie bin for normal rubbish and its never full these days, despite being used by four households and 9-10 people.

We even have a composter and most of our food scraps when to the chickens, up until last month when the foxes got them all. *grrrr*

I even recycle clothes by giving to a charity, who redesign clothing items, sell them on and give the money to worthwhile causes.

We also capture our rain water to use on the garden plants.

Its not that hard to keep a separate bin for recylcing in the kitchen or at work and I'm surprised that more don't do it.

Then again, I heard on the radio the other day a gentleman saying he doesn't care about recylcing because he'll be dead in 50 years and it won't affect him. :-(

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France