rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~my power word


this feels good...it feels right to be back here and blogging...i shall just ignore the whole google world domination thing and wend on my own sweet merry way.
 
well, back 'over there' i mentioned boho moms post about the power word for this year and i said back then that i would blog about mine..
 
i have been thinking it over and my power word for this year is
 
yoga
 
it may seem funny to ascribe this as a power word but to me yoga means a whole lot more...the definition in the free online dictionary tells us...
 
yoga [ˈjəʊgə]
n (often capital)
1. (Philosophy) (Non-Christian Religions / Hinduism) a Hindu system of philosophy aiming at the mystical union of the self with the Supreme Being in a state of complete awareness and tranquillity through certain physical and mental exercises
2. (Philosophy) any method by which such awareness and tranquillity are attained, esp a course of related exercises and postures designed to promote physical and spiritual well being
 
 
see where i am coming from here?
its not just about the physical exercise but it is the head-space that yoga puts me in that is important and so 'yoga' as my power word encompasses so much more.
 
once again i have let my yoga practise lapse...its easy to do when i am feeling physically very low, when my whole body is totally exhausted and everything hurts nothing in this world can make me do anything other than just 'be' and surf through the pain and exhaustion until i reach the other side.
when i reach the other side the pain and exhaustion is still with me, it never goes away, but it eases to the point i can focus on other things, the things that bring me joy and yoga is one of them.
 
even if the limits of my system only allows me to do a few yoga positions on some days that is enough for the good it does for me mentally.
 
and its the mental aspect that is a big part of it being my power word...
 
awareness
tranquillity
spiritual well being
 
i have had all of these in dribs and drabs but i so want to have them all with me at the same time...i want to feel and be so elated that i carry it with me all of the time...and that maybe this feeling will surround me in a aura that its affects those i come into contact with.
 
since the winter solstice and my experience at stonehenge and my initiation, mentally i have been buzzing...on such a high. in fact my mind is such that i have been finding it difficult to put things down into words or images.
even now, writing this there is so much i want to write but it is being oh so elusive...that 'tip of the tongue' thing...all i am getting are images...
 
i wish i could put these images into words...

No comments:

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France