rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~thank you~


thank you all for your your kind comments and thoughts.

things here have settled down

swampy came home that night after blood tests, x rays and scans etc~they found nothing wrong and i believe that it is deferred pain due to the nerve damage in his spine which is the root of his dreadful back problems.

***

flynt has had his stitches out and is back to his old 'norty' self. 
however now his walks are now on his lead and around all the different roads, lanes and alleys around the village where we know he cannot play with and unintentionally swallow bits of tennis ball and pine cones. his is getting used to being on a lead and is becoming much better in not pulling like a crazy thing.

***

i am just getting over a three day migraine and sitting here checking the list i have on my laptop for when we go away



...on friday we set off for busfest...which means my cat-kids have to go into a cattery which i hate. usually my sister is able to cat-sit which she loves but she will be away in cambridge for work.

i am looking forwards to going away as it means i get to live in Lilith for eleven days and although we have electric hook up to run a kettle and little fridge we have no tv, no electric lights...to me perfect.

***

this week i had a telephone appointment with a diabetic nurse with the west hampshire community diabetes service and have had my medication added to. another pill for me to take which i hope helps.

then i had a short telephone conversation with a lady from italk a psychological therapy service as my gp wasnt happy with the contents of our discussion about my depression. as a result i have an appointment with a lady called marina (which makes me think of stingray...any of you over 40 will remember that!)

so i feel i am plodding here in this ancient forest, drifting again from the things that are important to me. i am hoping that while away i can find the peace and focus i need to put myself back on some kind of track

5 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so glad to hear Flynt and Swampy are doing better. Hang in there. I know all about the depression and also diabetes (and migraines!). I'm always here if you want to toss an idea at me or need an ear.
blessings
~*~

laoi gaul~williams said...

thank you Laura~glad to know there are others out there, it makes things less lonely xoxox

Yarrow said...

Hello my dear, I'm sorry to hear of your health problems lately. Your poor household has had a tough time lately!
In response to your question on my blog, I will be making smaller dragons in either clay or polymer, but they need to be tough enough to go through the postal system, so I'm experimenting at the moment :D

Big hugs to you.x

Rowan said...

I'm so glad that both Swampy and Flynt are doing better and hopefully things will get better for you soon as well. Enjoy your time away.

Yarrow said...

It's been a while since you last blogged my dear and I hope you're ok. I understand the need to draw back and take stock. Big hugs.xxx

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France