rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~a bedtime post~

Just checking in before i turn on audible...

i love audible, don't you?!

i only joined it last year and have only recently started to listen to it every night. I have so far gone through all of the Tiffany Aching~Wee Free Men books and now onto part two of Wyrd Sisters.

***

today was my day off and even better so is tomorrow~so i have no rush to put myself to sleep early for my 5am alarm. although i have to say even when i don't set my alarm i wake naturally at around 4am...as does Arthur who comes in and starts to talk in his little old man meow~asking to be let out into the dawn, where i think he has a regular morning route around the orchard.

this morning i let him out about 4am and as i was sleepily making my way back through the living room i saw movement across the driveway to the grass by the cattle grid (there to stop all the ponies and cows from getting in)...it was brown...a fox? no too big. i opened the window, as the glass is old and makes the outside seem a little distorted, no, it was a small roe deer, busy grazing alone. i wondered why it was alone, then went for my phone to hopefully get a photo when an early morning car went by, scaring it off. i am hoping this wasn't a random visit and i will see it again soon.

***


tomorrow i have to take my sweet old Arthur to the vets again~i am fighting a constant war with his remaining old teeth and when he starts to dribble i pack him in his travel box and take him the ten minute drive to our lovely vets for an antibiotic injection and a tube of special toothpaste. it means dipping into my savings again but for this sweet old man i will, if it makes him comfortable.
i have the radio on right now~classic fm, the little French windows are open as i think Arthur is out~he popped into the bedroom to sit on the bed with me for a while then vanished. at the moment he has taken to sleeping on my sofa so i don't have him close during the night and i must say i do miss him on my bed, to wake in the night and hear him purring. i am wondering if he maybe in a little pain with his teeth and preferring to be alone.


***

so i am here embracing my aloneness!

***
last evening at dusk i tentatively started my yoga practice again. i say tentatively because on Saturday i had the most dreadful hip pain come out of nowhere, which by sunday had me nearly totally immobile and had me awake through most of the night wondering if i would be able to even drive to work. 
but something inside me prompted to just do a couple of moves to see how i felt and as i moved into them i had bats flitting above me like little scraps of black fabric in the air~and the short practice felt right and comfortable...







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi your new place is perfect for you and Arthur...I'm so glad your life has changed for the better.i am getting used to aloneness as my beloved j died last October.Strangely I am settling into it quite well .Love reading your blog...Sue

laoi gaul~williams said...

Hello Sue, I am so sorry to hear the reason for your aloneness xx

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France