rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

~my small life or alone not lonely~


so here i sit

or rather recline

its 10pm and i am snuggled up in my big wooden 'princess and the pea' bed~so high that when i sit on the edge my feet can't reach the floor, Arthur is curled up beside me purring after spending most of the day in the garden or the grounds of the orchard that covers the hill to the front of the cottage.

today was my day off and i find myself embracing the luxury of not settling down to sleep as i am not back to work until next Wednesday~not turning on my 5am alarm feels good and i love having that extended 'weekend' feeling. 
this morning i woke at 5.30, not really realising it was that time, got up to open the little French windows so Arthur can make his early morning rounds, and then...went back to bed...to sleep some more...alone


I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.
Henry David Thoreau


this encapsulates my small life

aloneness

my life isn't full of great things

but what is important about my small life is my aloneness and this is my great thing.

i love living alone

but i am not lonely

 what is important to me is living alone
my days and nights where i am only answerable to myself

i love spending my days moving to my own internal music, talking to myself or Arthur, making my own choices in everything.

i relish my mornings~especially on those days where i have nowhere to be~the greatest feeling is to wake up, make my way up to my kitchen and make a mug of tea and either sit in bed drinking it or take it into the garden and sit watching the birds and just...

be...

alone.





2 comments:

Miss Sandra said...

I can relate to most of this. Lovely post.xo

laoi gaul~williams said...

hello miss Sandra and thank you~i am glad you know where i am coming from! I love your blog and will catch up more soon x

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France