rise and root

***

~*~*~*~



The Flame Haired Solstice Dreamer

Cold winter brings the Everfrost and jewels every tree
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
A flame~haired dreamer wanders there and shelters from the wind
And spins her dreams around the trees to break the ties that bind
She takes her thread and spins anew and how the Greenwood smiles
As she spins a spell for freedom and for her spirit Wylde

The dreamer finds an ancient oak and shelters in his lee
In a forest new as birth and old as old can be
Tis summer now and birdsong weaves its magick through her spells
And humming bees drum drowsily in the foxglove's bells
The dreamer sits beneath the oak with yarn upon her knee
And spins and knits and weaves her dreams and sets her spirit free

***
"When birds fall from the sky and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people...shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. they will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow"

Hopi Prophecy

*The Feminist Magic of the Older Witch*

The Feminist Magic of the Older Witch


hey!

 its me!

the some-time blogger!

i know i keep promising to return to my regular blogging but right now i am studying full time and by the time i pack away my books i am usually too tired to blog.

tonight however i am waiting for a 7.30pm tutor group forum to discuss our latest assignment and 

THIS...

(points excitedly to link 👆)

has been occupying my mind somewhat 

it has me thinking all kinds of things, things which of course lead me back to me and my path.

***

so where to start?

i guess it started with this article and also something a friend posted on their fb page, asking about if anyone had questioned their faith (regardless of what religion/path they followed).

i have posted before about the loss of my path, how there have been times that i have followed a winding, exploratory path before being drawn back to a fairly straight path.

lately...actually more than lately...my path seems to have vanished. for the final year of my BA(Hons) all i did was study, aided by the fact covid-19 had shut down my new place of work. 

i wouldn't say my path has vanished rather than actually morphed into something more akin to some wild, green...something.

while i am aware of the turning of the wheel, the changing of the seasons, the path of the moon its not...essential to me. 

i used to maintain an alter and while i still have it i don't constantly change it for festivals. its there more as a gentle reminder to me as it pass it multiple times each day. a reminder of the ancestors, of something 'other'

my type of magic/craft isn't the kind that can really be labeled any more.


does this sound familiar?



 

 

 

2 comments:

Laura said...

yes, that sounds very familiar. even the seldom blogging. i'm working on getting back to both.

love, kisses & magical wishes!
~*~

Jopanofmanypets said...

Oh yes, that sounds very familiar! I’m glad to see you came back but we do I nderstand that life is a busy mess so it’s all good. I haven’t blogged in a long, long time.

All things share the same breath~the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports.



Chief Seattle






Johney Gaul~1915

Johney Gaul~1915
1890-17 september 1918~France